Seedstars World, the global seed-stage startup competition for emerging markets and fast-growing startup scenes, will be in Mali for the first time this weekend to scout for the best entrepreneurs in technology.
This year Seedstars World is travelling to more than 65 countries to identify the best seed-stage entrepreneurs to provide them with an opportunity to win up to $1 million.
According to the Associate for Seedstars World Africa, Claudia Makadristo, “the ecosystem in Bamako is very young. Nevertheless, we have found some very interesting and promising startups that deserve more visibility, exposure and attention from a global audience”.
The event on Sunday, 4 September, will take place at Impact Hub Bamako where startups will pitch their ideas to a panel of judges. The top startup will be crowned the most promising seed-stage startup of Seedstars World Mali 2016 and will represent Mali at the regional and global summit.
Mohamed Keita, Co-Founder and CEO at Impact Hub Bamako says Seedstars World is an amazing opportunity for the best entrepreneurs of emerging countries to be identified. “The selected start-ups – those that will shape our future – will benefit from access to a great network and community, media exposure and overall the opportunity to connect with leading investors.”
The 8 startups that are selected to participate at the Seedstars World pitching event are:
- Feuze: An electronic device that allows for registration, insurance and geolocation of motorbikes.
- AikoCorp: A platform for medical laboratories to transmit medical test results to patients safely and confidentially online and by sms.
- Pharmoso: An application that allows you to find all relevant information of pharmacies in the area.
- Transup: A technology that allows anyone to transfer phone credit between different operators
- E-Keneya: Technology that facilitates access to healthcare by providing geolocalization of healthcare facilities and pharmacies.
- AllianceJ: A matchmaking website for women to find their husband, taking different ethnic groups and cultures into consideration.
- Orientkey: A web platform that focuses on access to information and orientation of high schools and universities.
- HVM: A vending machine that doesn’t require any electricity and uses African currencies.
Seedstars (seedstars.com) is a global organisation based in Switzerland with activities in more than 50 countries around the world. Its mission is to impact people’s lives in emerging markets through entrepreneurship and technology. The company’s goal is to develop and foster startup ecosystems by connecting, building and investing in driven entrepreneurs. Seedstars connects the best entrepreneurs with investors, corporates and media, and helps them to scale to new markets. They build companies by bringing together resources, talents and growth techniques, and eventually, invest in the most promising entrepreneurs. Sharing the values of trust, efficiency and diversity, Seedstars aims to support the whole entrepreneurial ecosystem from entrepreneurs to investors passing through governments and corporates.